When you buy/hire products from us and through the checkout process on this website you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms & Conditions.
You are responsible for providing the correct information we need to process and send your order.
PURCHASING FROM Highland Etc. Ltd
Highland Etc. Limited is located in New Zealand and therefore must comply with all relevant New Zealand Laws.
You can contact us through [email protected] or via further details on the Contact Us page.
BUSINESS TRADING NAME
“Highland Etc. Ltd” will appear on cardholder statements for any credit card transactions made through this website. Your account will be charged in New Zealand dollars.
All prices on this site are in New Zealand dollars and include GST (currently at 15%).
Terms and conditions
A bond is required on every order payable at the time of booking. Bond is refunded on return of the order provided, all hired items are returned, are undamaged, and condition 2 is met. But not in the event of conditions 3 and 4.
- Responsibility of the order remains with the principal initial hirer (including all items in any group order) and any damage or loss to the hired items will be charged at full retail rates.
- All self picked up hire items are to be returned by 5pm the next business day unless prior arrangements have been made. All Couriered hire items are to be delivered to the New Zealand Couriers depot/agent as per the pre-paid return manifest on the agreed date in the hire agreement. All late returns incur a charge of $30.00 per outfit per day until returned.
- If bookings are cancelled the bond will be forfeited.
- Costs included in the collection of overdue hires, loss and/or damage will be liable for late payment fees and collection costs, and attract interest at 2% per month’ and will be paid by the principal hirer.
PAYING FOR YOUR PURCHASE
The cost of any purchases, including delivery charges and credit card charges (where applicable), are payable in New Zealand dollars (NZD). All prices, delivery charges and credit card charges (where applicable) within New Zealand are inclusive of New Zealand Goods and Services Tax.
All payments are due at the time you order and we will not ship any goods until payment has been received. Where alternative arrangements have been made, payments are due on receipt of invoice (i.e immediately, not when you get around to it). Late payment will attract monthly administration charges and interest. Unpaid invoices will ultimately be passed to third party collection agents.
Our online transactions are hosted either by Stripe or PayPal. Stripe is certified as a (PCI DSS) Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. PayPal has achieved (PCI DSS) compliance certification under various programs and standards. You do not need to have a PayPal account to use PayPal as a payment option just scroll down and enter your card details directly.
PERSONAL INFORMATION & SECURITY
We are totally committed to protecting the security and privacy of any personal information you supply in the course of purchasing from us. However, we take no responsibility for any malware caught from accessing our website.
When you use our site, we receive and collect certain information in the course of the transaction which we use to complete your order and monitor our sales. We will never pass on or sell any of your details to any third party. Unless it is for the purpose of debt recovery.
Credit card information is not collected or stored by Highland Etc. Ltd. All such information is handled by either Stripe or PayPal.
We reserve the right to accept, reject or cancel any order, or part of an order, at anytime during the process. If we reject or cancel an order, we will refund any money you have paid in relation to the rejected part of the order, less any actual and reasonable costs we may have incurred on your behalf in trying to fill the order.
You may cancel your order or part of an order anytime until payment has been processed and the order packed for shipping. Cancellations will be handled on a case by case basis at our discretion.
REFUNDS & COMPLAINTS
We do not offer refunds but will happily exchange items provided you make contact with us immediately after your purchase or receipt of your order, and we will advise you of the process to follow for exchange.
If you think any goods are faulty, contact us immediately after your purchase or you receive your order. Requests for refunds on this basis will be looked at on a case by case basis and any refund is totally at our discretion. The Item will need to be returned to us immediately in unused condition with all original packaging/labels/swing tags intact. Refunds on return postage is dependent on whether the item is indeed faulty.
There are no refunds at all on
- Country dance pumps that have had the elastic pulled.
- Cut fabric or made to order/measure items.
If you disagree with any of the above please do not place an order.
Orders are normally processed the same working day payment has been fully processed and received in to our account which normally is the same day as the order.
We will notify you immediately of any unusual delay, see “Availability” below.
We use next business day overnight Couriers for most orders, but may use two day delivery on large heavy or oversized items.
We do deliver to Post Box’s, but it is not always possible for orders including Sailors hats or Pleating.
The purchaser is responsible for paying shipping costs (where applicable), as notified on our website, at the time of purchase.
We do offer free shipping on web orders over $65.00 in value. See conditions below.
Free Shipping conditions
- Applies to website orders which add up to over $65.00
- Applies to New Zealand main Islands only, does not apply to outer islands i.e. Chatham Islands or overseas.
- Applies to Rural Delivery.
- We can deliver to PO Box’s, but not always large items including Sailors hats.
- Does not apply to any subsequent exchanges on an order.
- Does not apply to Pleating.
- Does not apply to special order and/or made to order items.
- Does not apply to Kilt Hire.
We pack our goods carefully but if there is damage during shipping take a photo of the package as you have received it, keep all the original packaging and contact us immediately on delivery of your order. You may need to return the item with all the original packaging.
If an item is lost during shipping within New Zealand (determined by NZ Post or New Zealand Couriers) we will refund the total cost of the item to you, including shipping.
We use NZ Post and New Zealand Couriers for deliveries within New Zealand. Most orders will arrive the next day but please allow up to 2 working days for delivery. Possibly longer for Rural delivery.
We currently do not ship outside New Zealand.
You may specify delivery instructions for an order, but you agree that we are not liable for any loss, cost or other harm you may suffer as a consequence of problems with delivery, caused by NZ Post or New Zealand Couriers.
Once an order has been dispatched to the address you have specified, it is considered completed. We will not be liable for any items from your order that are lost, stolen or damaged after your order has been delivered by NZ Post or New Zealand Couriers to your address.
DUTIES AND TAXES
- When a package is shipped internationally, it may be subject to import taxes, customs duties, and/or fees imposed by the destination country. These charges will typically be due once the shipped goods arrive at the country of destination.
- Such charges are not included in the product price or shipping and handling cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for your order.
- Highland Etc. Ltd. does not have any responsibility on these additional charges that may apply.
- The buyer is responsible for obtaining information regarding their country’s laws, regulations, and restrictions that may apply when placing an order that requires shipping outside of New Zealand. The buyer is responsible for abiding by their country’s laws, regulations, and restrictions.
- If a product is seized and destroyed by the customs, or returned to New Zealand, we will NOT be responsible for the losses, product, or shipping refunds. It is the buyer’s responsibility to cover the shipping costs when the buyer wishes to have a second delivery attempt after the product is returned to Highland Etc. Ltd.
All orders are subject to the availability of the products you want to buy. There may very rare times when we have run out of products before we have had time to update the website. In that case, we will contact you promptly to discuss your order. Products with lead times will have the estimated time for delivery in the products description.
Please note that if you are ordering made-to-order or other tailored garments together with products available in our stock, all goods are dispatched together; so if there is a delay in any of the made-to-order items, the whole order will be delayed. You may prefer to split your order, so in-stock products are dispatched straight away, while you wait for your made-to-measure items to arrive. However, splitting an order may require an additional freight cost to you.
Title to products remains with Highland Etc. Limited until such time as the products are paid for in full. Other than provided for under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, risk in products will transfer to you when such products are handed over to a delivery (e.g., courier) agent. For example, risk passes to you when your purchase is picked up by a courier or its agent, or possession is handed to a courier or its agent.
Highland Etc. Limited provides no warranties, whether express or implied, that information provided on this website is accurate or reliable. Highland Etc. Limited provides no warranties of fitness or timeliness for a particular purpose or that this web site is merchantable. Your use of this web site indicates your assumption of the risk that it may contain errors.
No part of this website or any of its contents may be reproduced, copied, modified or adapted, without the prior written permission of Highland Etc. Ltd
DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
This site is provided by Highland Etc. Limited on an as is and as available basis. Highland Etc. Limited makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Highland Etc. Limited disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Highland Etc. Limited does not warrant that this site, its servers, or e-mail sent from Highland Etc. Limited are free of viruses or other harmful components. Highland Etc. Limited will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages. You agree, that if you are purchasing from highlandetc.co.nz on behalf of a business the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993 does not apply.
By visiting or shopping at highlandetc.co.nz you agree that New Zealand laws apply.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Highland Etc. Limited may, from time to time, add or remove information or products from this website without notice. We reserve the right to amend these Terms & Conditions at any time without notice, and we may terminate your access to this website at any time without notice. As this site operates in a changing commercial, technological and regulatory environment, we may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions. Your continued use of our business and this site represents your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended. Where your access to this site is terminated, all disclaimers and limitations of liability set out in these Terms & Conditions will survive. These terms and conditions were last updated 29th June 2023.